Is there a SEO penalty if my site is on Indian nameserver but the readers are from US

IT.com

wordm

Hi every one,

I am going to create a site targeted towards US audience. The site will try to draw traffic thanks to what I hope will be informative content, and will monetize using Amazon associate and other such programs. Most of the audience will be from the US.

I wanted to know whether I should register such a site on a US nameserver and then host it on a US webhost to get the best SEO advantage. Much of the traffic, I hope, to the site will come from google, and as I understand Google can localize the search. So, is there an advantage in using a US nameserver and webhost to host a site that is for US audience?

Re: Is there a SEO penalty if my site is on Indian nameserver but the readers are fro

I Guess it dosent matter where you hosting your website in SEO.

But site will be slower for US users if you host in india.

Re: Is there a SEO penalty if my site is on Indian nameserver but the readers are fro

Hello mobile, thanks for your reply. It seems you are right to a large extent, as I see on this page.

Point 2 seems to imply that they may take the server location into account, but not by much. Overall, it seems that i can override the server location by using the webmaster tooltip they have mentioned in the fist point.

So, since they have not mentioned the registrar/nameserver, I think on that account I am safe in hosting with an Indian registrar. Whether to go with an Indian webhost, is something I still am researching. Other's feedback on this is still welcome!

Thanks!

Currently you can not set .in names in Google Webmaster Tools to be treated as a global TLD. I suspect that will change as the years progress and .in development expands. To be more specific on the penalty part, it depends on what you are trying to do with the site. If you want to target traffic originating from India then you will lose the geo ranking bonus if you have it hosted on a server in the US.

No penality for US users to see indian domain but we have host in US server it will benefit to get more speed on site :)

Shock news for scammers & spammers - google will update penguin 2.0 within this week :)

No, you don't have any disadvantage to host on Indian Server in SEO prospective except load time will be more for USA visitors.If you want to decrease load time you can use CDN technology to host website.

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yuvandomain
Top Bottom